The Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption recently released its annual “100 Best Adoption-Friendly Workplaces” list. The Foundation has compiled a yearly list of workplaces that offer the best policies for employees growing their families through adoption since 2007. The criteria involve benefits such as financial assistance and paid leave for adoptive families. Employers submit applications and complete surveys, and the Foundation analyzes their data to create the list. The highest amount of financial reimbursement offered by this year’s applicants was $25,000.00, and the longest duration of paid leave was eighteen weeks. The average amount of financial assistance employers offered was $8,000.00, and the average duration of paid leave was five weeks.
Ferring Pharmaceuticals topped the 2016 list, with adoption policies that include reimbursement of up to $25,000.00 in adoption expenses, up to five and a half weeks of paid leave, and adoption counseling resources. The rest of the top ten is comprised of:
- Citizens Bank ($23,460.00 in reimbursement of adoption expenses and 1 week of paid leave);
- (Tie)Abbott: ($20,000.00 in reimbursement of adoption expense and 2 weeks of paid leave);
- (Tie) HanesBrands ($20,000.00 in reimbursement of adoption expense and 2 weeks of paid leave);
- Barilla America, Inc ($16,000 in reimbursement of adoption expenses and 2 weeks of paid leave);
- Fried Frank Harris Shriver & Jacobson LLP ($15,000.00 in reimbursement of adoption expenses and 10 weeks of paid leave);
- Liquidnet ($15,000.00 in reimbursement of adoption expenses and 8 weeks of paid leave);
- Viacom ($15,000.00 in reimbursement of adoption expense and 6 weeks of paid leave);
- UBM Americas ($15,000.00 in reimbursement of adoption expenses and 2 weeks of paid leave):
- Kohlberg, Kravis, Roberts & Co. L.P. ($13,460.00 in reimbursement of adoption expenses and 16 weeks of paid leave).
Click here for the full list.
The attorneys of Harden Jackson Law are devoted to servicing clients in all areas of family law, including divorce, custody, child support, property division, paternity, post-divorce modifications, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, simple wills, adoption, surrogacy, and other areas of reproductive law. For more information, please contact us at 317.569.0770 or www.hardenjacksonlaw.com.
Remember, these blog posts are not meant to be legal advice. You should consult an attorney to discuss the specifics of your situation.
photo credit: <a href=”http://www.flickr.com/photos/60907319@N07/29177915496″>Modern architecture office buildings</a> via <a href=”http://photopin.com”>photopin</a> <a href=”https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/”>(license)</a>