• U.S. families adopt approximately 140,000 children each year. Source
• 7 million Americans are adopted. Source
• Over 100 million Americans have experienced adoption in their immediate family. Source
• 4 out of 10 (or 81.5 million) U.S. adults have considered pursuing adoption. Source
• Most American adoptions (59%) occur through foster care. Source
• The average child waits three years in foster care until they are adopted. Source
• 78% of Americans believe the U.S. should be doing more to encourage adoption. Source
Stay tuned to our blog for more information about adoption in our November adoption series (in honor of National Adoption Awareness Month)!
The attorneys of Harden Jackson Law are devoted to servicing clients throughout the Indianapolis area and the state of Indiana in all areas family law, including divorce, custody, child support, property division, paternity, post-divorce modifications, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, simple wills, adoption, surrogacy and other areas of assisted reproductive technology law. For more information, please contact us at 317.569.0770 or www.hardenjacksonlaw.com.
Remember, these blog posts are not meant to be legal advice. You should consult a family law attorney to discuss the specifics of your situation.