Michele Jackson, an attorney at Harden Jackson Law, is presenting a seminar on Adoption Law sponsored by the National Business Institute (“NBI”) on October 3rd, 2012.
Ms. Jackson is a founder of HARDEN JACKSON, LLC where she serves as Chair of the Adoption & Reproductive Law Practice Group and concentrates her law practice in adoption, surrogacy, and international family law. Her practice includes representation for expectant (birth) or adoptive parents, as well as step-parent and second parent adoptions. Additionally, Ms. Jackson represents intended parents or surrogates in gestational surrogacy arrangements and other Assisted Reproductive matters such as egg donor agreements. She is routinely sought for her knowledge and experience regarding issues in international adoptions and international family law and has extensive experience with children in the United States and orphans worldwide. Ms. Jackson has dedicated herself to the adoption of orphans worldwide, while assisting couples and individuals to realize their dreams of becoming parents. Her commitment includes traveling to countries to develop and maintain in-country contacts including agencies, attorneys and foreign authorities.
The seminar titled: Adoption Law: Start to Finish is designed for attorneys who want to learn more about adoption laws and proceedings. The program may also be of value to paralegals, adoption agency employees, social workers and counselors. A description of the seminar is provided below:
Adoption is an emotional process for all the parties involved. Are you prepared to assist and guide your clients through this highly emotional time in their lives? Whether you represent the birth parents or the adoptive parents, our faculty will update you on the latest adoption laws, help you understand various procedures and requirements, and give you the background you need to handle adoption cases without unnecessary delays, ethical problems, or surprises.
- Get all the adoption assistance available for your clients, including tax credits.
- Advise wisely on the differences between private placements and agency adoptions.
- Comply with the notice and consent requirements for adoptions without parental consent.
- Avoid problems when dealing with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services when adopting an international child by knowing what to expect ahead of time.
- Know your role in the interplay between social worker and guardians ad litem during the adoption process.
- Advise clients knowledgeably with an understanding of current adoption law.
- Tackle sensitive ethical issues and other problems that are unique in adoption situations.
To learn more about Michele Jackson and her adoption practice, click here.